Quartz has gained immense popularity over the past couple of years because of its durability, rich natural colour and easy upkeep. Many other stone finishes require constant, arduous maintenance to ensure their countertops are long-lasting and appear in top condition. Such demanding upkeep just is not practical for busy homeowners that prefer a simple, effective clean each day. Quartz countertops often only require a daily wipe down to keep it properly clean and germ-free. Sounds easy, right?
Pacific West Floor Decor has comprised a straightforward guide on how to clean your quartz countertops to keep it in optimal condition:
What You’ll Need
For each routine quartz countertop cleaning, ensure you have the following products:
- Warm water
- Mild dish soap
- Soft, non-abrasive cleaning cloth
- Degreasing cleaning product
- Plastic putty knife
- Glass cleaner
- Mix a solution of warm water and mild dish soap and apply it to the soft cleaning cloth.
- Wipe down the entire surface countertop in gentle, circular motions. Any stains or debris should be removed quite easily.
Tough Stain Cleaning
- There may be hardened grease stains or food debris that cannot be removed with a soap and water solution.
- Use the putty knife to try and remove some of the debris and food prior to cleaning. The degreasing product can be applied with a sponge to the grease or stain to break down the debris.
Murky Surface Cleaning
- Quartz resin sealant can appear murky over time, but a glass cleaning product can reduce the cloudiness to allow it to sparkle.
- Spray the glass cleaner onto the surface and wipe the countertop using a soft cloth or sponge to remove remnants.
Preventative Cleaning Techniques
To keep maintenance to a minimum and ensure your quartz countertop investment is long-lasting, follow these preventative maintenance techniques:
- Clean up spills immediately: Avoid leaving spills or food debris on the surface for a period of time, as this can lead to permanent stains.
- Use a cutting board: To avoid scratching and stains or damage, use a cutting board when slicing foods.
- Protect Quartz: use trivets or mats for your hot pans, plates or skillets to avoid damaging your countertop. Always use coasters for drinks, especially citrus beverages, as these liquids can stain the surface.
- Opt-Out of Harsh Cleaners: Abrasive cleaning products with alkaline or acidic components, will damage the quartz surface. If said cleaners spill onto your countertop, remove it immediately with mild detergent and warm water.
For the most durable and leading-edge countertops in Surrey, Pacific West Floor Decor has beautiful selections for you. We have a wide variety of quartz finish options that fit your budget, your project’s size and suit your kitchen’s design. We guarantee our natural stone countertops will boost your home’s value, overall appeal and your happiness. Come browse our showroom, or check out our gallery online of our gorgeous home renovation projects. Request a FREE quote on our website for a specific renovation!